Programming and Cleansing your Crystals
How to Program Your Crystal
In the same way that you need a sense of direction in order to be the best you can be, so does your crystal. Crystals want to work for you, but you need to give them a job. Crystals are neutral; they don’t judge situations as good or bad. They are also amplifiers, and when they are not programmed, can amplify things in your life that you don’t want – because they need to channel their energy in a specific direction.
Giving your crystal a job allows you to set your intention for the work you’ll do together. It creates a certain synergy between you and your crystal ally. Get specific! For the crystal to help you bring your transformation to light, you have to be clear when programming your crystal.
- First, cleanse your crystal in fresh river water, sea water, mineral water of running tap water. The purest the better.
- Hold it in your hands, close your eyes and take three deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Reflect on your faith, the Earth and what makes you happy. This will connect you with your highest vibration.
- While in this space of love and light, ask that your crystal be cleared of all unwanted energy and any previous programming. Aloud or in your head, say: I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command this crystal to hold the intention of…To finish this sentence, add three intentions for your crystal – energies you wish it to hold for you.
- End your programming by saying thank you three times. By saying it three times, you emphasise that what you’re asking for already exists in the universe.
- Let your crystals bathe outside (or on a windowsill) in the light of moon for at least four hours. Especially with the large crystals in your home, although it can process, make sure that you place them out side on the lawn or in the garden to clear and recharge at least once a month.
When in Doubt, Smoke It Out
Not only will burning sage, frankincense or palo santo make your home smell great, they’ll have your crystals feeling great, too. Immerse your crystals in the sacred smoke until it seems to come back to life. This is likely the best option for larger, harder to pick up crystals. Simply use your a feather or your hand to waft the smoke over and around the crystal.
Return to Nature
We could all use an energetic reset in nature every now and then. To give your crystal that revitalising pleasure, place it on the soil or even bury it within the Earth for 24 hours. If you have a clean stream, creek or body of water nearby, submerge your crystal in the running water for a few moments, making sure to do so with the intention to purify in mind.
Note: make sure you are mindful when placing certain crystals in water; many of the softer ones that are salt-based will dissolve when they get wet.